söndag 10 oktober 2010

Update!

Hi everybody!
I decided to start writing in English instead, so my host families actually can read my blog without using Google translate. ;)

I have had a really good time so far here in Abilene. I have been able too see how they work with their Greyhounds and it's really interesting! It's new things going on every day! :)

I have had one presentation in a after-school class here in Abilene. One guy took some pictures, so if you want to see them, you can look here http://docs.abileneschools.org/~dbrown/ABC2010/ABC2010/Visitor.html#20 . You can also find some pictures from my power point presentation there.

Two days ago, I had a baking class at the 4-H extension office here in Abilene. We made Semla! They seemed to like it! :) And I have never made mandelmassa from scratch before, so that was an experience - and I actually think this was the best semla I ever have eaten! I'm going to miss the American almond paste when I go back home. (or do you guys think I can find it at home too? It wasn't the same as mandelmassa).

Last week there was a dog who had puppies and also a cat that got kittens - soo cute! The puppies have grown a lot, but the cat mother has moved the kittens so I havent seen them for a while.

Some days ago we also tried to watch the movie "sa som i himmelen", my mother had sent it over, but the DVD-player couldn't read the DVD. Sad :(

That was a little bit of an update! Hope all of you are doing fine! :)

Hej hopp!

2 kommentarer:

  1. wahhh, Maria IMPRESSIVE!! I'd never dare to hold a presentation for kids here like that! Sounds like you're having such an amazing time and I hope it only gets better. I'll be doing my first day at the theater tomorrow - so excited, can't wait! It would be so much fun if we could talk sometime soon, my phone is 773-812-4170. xox

    SvaraRadera
  2. HELENE! Jag har inte sett ditt inlagg forrens nu! Jag far kontakta dig pa momangen! Kram

    SvaraRadera